Adieu 2014

       
As the year 2014 quietly faded into the celestial archive to which all years eventually go, I became conscious of the presence of God. I have progressively, by His grace grown in sensing His presence over the years. By His Spirit, God makes His presence felt.
        
          The writers of the Books of the Holy Bible, inspired by this same presence, gave us so much insight into how the presence may be sought. I spent the last few days of 2014, seeking the face of God even more intensely. Why do this ? Knowing that 2014 was going to fade into memory, without a residue. It was necessary to ride the transition on a more concrete assurance of the presence of God, than on a fading memory. The Holy Spirit was my comfort through the fast fading year, and He will still be the lifter of my head in 2015!

          In the Book of Romans, this same Spirit of God, moved Paul to write in verses 27 & 28 of Chapter 8:
 
          "And He that searcheth the hearts knoweth what is the mind of the Spirit, because He
          maketh intercession for the saints according to the will of God.And we know that all things   
          work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to His   
          purpose"                
          
The storms of 2014 were varied and intense. However, because of purpose, because of a higher mandate, I sailed through. I did so, not by my strength, but by the Spirit of Almighty God. Everything that could have turned out bad, or maybe turned out bad, was eventually used by God for my progress on the mission.
The reason for these transformational adjustments is found in scripture. In Jeremiah 29 verse 11, God says:
            "For I know the thoughts that I think toward you, saith the Lord, thoughts of peace, 
             and not of evil, to give you an expected end"


          So in the words of Apostle Paul, Forgetting the storms of 2014, I press on to the mark of high calling in Christ Jesus, as I say Adieu 2014. Thank you 2014 for the storms, the ups and downs which propelled my bark toward my destiny. Grabbing my five smooth pebbles, my sling and my mandate in hand, I press on to the mission of 2015. Amen

Wordkrafter
2015

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Beyond Rabbits, Candles and Cakes.

A Day the Lord Has made